As an up-and-coming emerging leader, don't do these:
1. Believe you are the answer.
2. Stop honoring those who’ve laid the groundwork before you.
3. Write off all the folks who finally helped you “arrive” and who might suddenly seem insignificant or unimportant.
4. Remove yourself from reality by surrounding yourself with “handlers” and those only interested in being “yes” men and women.
5. Regard yourself as crucial and ultimately more important than all others in connection to the success of the organization or project.
6. Stop learning since you now know everything.
7. Make the mission of the organization all about you instead of truly about the mission.
Don't do these.
Brad Lomenick is president and key visionary of Catalyst—a movement purposed to equip and inspire young Christian leaders through events, resources, consulting and community. Follow him on Twitter @bradlomenick, or read his personal blog at bradlomenick.com.
For the original article, visit bradlomenick.com.
Has God called you to be a leader? Ministry Today magazine is the source that Christian leaders who want to serve with passion and purpose turn to. Subscribe now and receive a free leadership book.
What are you doing to actively reach new people? From blogging and social media to podcasting and book publishing, the On Platform Seminar will teach you how to expand your reach by using new platforms as launching pads into larger audiences. Click Here.