As an up-and-coming emerging leader, don't do these:
1. Believe you are the answer.
2. Stop honoring those who’ve laid the groundwork before you.
3. Write off all the folks who finally helped you “arrive” and who might suddenly seem insignificant or unimportant.
4. Remove yourself from reality by surrounding yourself with “handlers” and those only interested in being “yes” men and women.
5. Regard yourself as crucial and ultimately more important than all others in connection to the success of the organization or project.
6. Stop learning since you now know everything.
7. Make the mission of the organization all about you instead of truly about the mission.
Don't do these.
Brad Lomenick is president and key visionary of Catalyst—a movement purposed to equip and inspire young Christian leaders through events, resources, consulting and community. Follow him on Twitter @bradlomenick, or read his personal blog at bradlomenick.com.
For the original article, visit bradlomenick.com.
Ministry Today Subscription Special - Subscribe to Ministry Today magazine today and get 12 issues (2 full years) plus Amplified Leadership, a free leadership book for only $24.
Order Life in the Spirit to actively grow your ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit. Your congregation will stay saturated in God's Word, learn to hear His voice, understand their purpose and calling and move into an active role in your ministry.