- Does Jesus desire you to receive just enough to get by in your business or more than enough?
- Is He only interested in you getting what you need to make today's payroll or in sending you an overflow that your employees and partners can also be blessed?
- Do you believe in a "just enough for today Jesus" or "a life more abundant Jesus?" (John 10:10).
Luke 5:1-9 is a fantastic example of how to prepare yourself to receive an overflowing, net-breaking supernatural bounty for your business and your partners.
As I teach in my book, Our Unfair Advantage: How to Unleash the Power of Holy Spirit in Your Business, much of the answer to your abundant life lies being Spirit-led. And when you do, get ready for your blessing.
Here are the 19 keys on how to step into your supernatural business harvest.
Keys to Supernatural Business Harvest
"As the people pressed upon Him to hear the word of God, He stood by the Lake of Gennesaret and saw two boats beside the lake. But the fishermen had gone out of them and were washing their nets" (Luke 5:1-2).
1. People desire to hear the Word.
2. Jesus is watching—even if you do not see him.
"He entered one of the boats, which was Simon's, and asked him to thrust it out a little from the land. Then He sat down and taught the people from the boat" (Luke 5:3).
3. Jesus steps into your boat (even if you do not ask).
4. Jesus only spoke to Simon Peter—not his partners.
5. Jesus is always ready to teach you what you need to know.
"When He had finished speaking, He said to Simon, 'Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch'" (Luke 5:4).
6. Often what Jesus tells us to do sounds ridiculous.
7: Catching a big harvest requires you go into deep waters of your sphere of influence.
8. Jesus wants you to cast out multiple nets to catch all your supernatural harvest.
"Simon answered Him, 'Master, we have worked all night and have caught nothing. But at Your word I will let down the net'" (Luke 5:5).
9. Our natural reflex to an illogical idea (head-led) is to tell Jesus why it will not work.
10. Toiling under our strength and knowledge is often worthless.
11. Putting His word into action is the best way to bring in your supernatural harvest.
"When they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was tearing" (Luke 5:6).
12. Peter only partially obeyed (tossed out one net even though Jesus said, "your nets") and almost missed his supernatural harvest.
13. One net may not be big enough for your supernatural harvest.
"So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both boats, so that they began to sink" (Luke 5:7).
14. Peter's supernatural harvest spilled over to his partners (even though Jesus only spoke to Peter).
15. Jesus' supernatural harvest fills your nets and boats to overflow.
16. Ensure your nets are strong enough to handle a supernatural harvest.
17. Hang around others who are obeying Jesus' instructions to receive a portion of their supernatural overflow.
"When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, 'Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord.' For he and all who were with him were astonished at the catch of fish which they had taken" (Luke 5:8-9).
18. Your supernatural harvest should make you fall upon your knees and worship Jesus.
19. Everyone around you will also be astonished at your supernatural harvest.
Step Into Your Supernatural Harvest
Print out this article. Keep it handy. Refer to it often.
Stay in faith. Thank Jesus now for your supernatural harvest—even if it has not arrived.
When it arrives, praise His name and share your harvest with many!
May these truths direct your path on how to receive your supernatural business harvest—the harvest Jesus desires for you!
Dr. Jim Harris is president of The Jim Harris Group, an international speaking and advising firm dedicated to helping believers in business unleash their unfair advantage in the marketplace. He is the author of Our Unfair Advantage: Unleash the Power of the Holy Spirit in Your Business and numerous other award winning business books.
This article originally appeared at drjimharris.com.
Dr. Mark Rutland deconstructs the man after God's own heart in David the Great. Explore of the the Bible's most complex stories of sin and redemption. Discover the real David.
The one verb most frequently missing from leadership manifestos is LOVE. Dr. Steve Greene teaches in order to be an effective leader in every area of life, you must lead with love. Lead with Love.
Your ministry's future depends on how you develop leaders using five practices to establish influence, build people, and impact others for a lifetime. Amplify Your Leadership.