It's middle of the year, and as such, here are 10 reminders of ways to raise your leadership level. Hopefully these motivate you as well as inspire and challenge your team.
I would recommend talking through each of these with your team, and challenging your team to live these out with intentionality over the next few months.
1. Lead with Authenticity. Be real. Human. Approachable. Guard against hubris.
2. No sideways energy. Communicate. Focus. Guard against silos and wasted energy.
3. Stewardship. Each of us should embrace and understand our role in what we've been given and required to manage and uphold through the current platform we have, not just the leader, or the person in charge.
4. Expertise. See myself as an expert, both in individual responsibility and organizational responsibility.
5. Receive what we create. Become our own customer. Be passionate about allowing what you do to actually be something that you appreciate being the customer of. Guard against the mundane.
6. Guard against cynicism. Behind the curtain we have to guard against this. Fight it at every turn. And call it out if we see it.
7. Excellence. We are the best in the world (confidence, not arrogance). Act like it. Maintain a standard. Guard against being lazy and pessimistic.
8. Serve one another. Jump in and help. Have a "get it done" mentality. And not just at events or special occasions—all the time. Be willing to do whatever it takes.
9. Protect and maintain a "make it happen" culture. Guard against the phrase "it's not my job," and guard against creating cliques.
10. Get better every day. Guard against complacency. Keep learning and leaning into constant and continuous improvement.
Brad Lomenick is president and key visionary of Catalyst—a movement purposed to equip and inspire young Christian leaders through events, resources, consulting and community. Follow him on Twitter @bradlomenick.
For the original article, visit bradlomenick.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.