To summarize the strategy of our spiritual warfare on behalf of the dropout believer:
1. Note or observe the behavior or works (fruit) of the flesh (Gal 5:19-21) in the dropout believer.
2. Pray for discernment by the Holy Spirit to reveal the stronghold(s) (Re: Appendix C).
3. Bind the strongman (Matt 18:18).
4. Loose the power of the Holy Spirit.
Some comments on this strategy:
1. The works (fruit) of the flesh are the obvious, visible patterns in one's life—the anger, the resentment, the substance abuse and so on. They are the visible manifestations or "servants" of the spiritual strongholds that rule one's life.
2. Only God knows the heart of a man. We may see a pattern of anger in a person and God reveals that it is due to the stronghold of pride. We may observe a pattern of anger in another person and God shows a completely different stronghold—perhaps the spirit of antichrist (unbelief). It is important to recognize that only God can reveal the spiritual source of the problem.
3. Jesus' declaration of our authority to tread on serpents and scorpions (Luke 10:19) and bind and render inoperative demon spirits must become a reality to us. We do have authority over all the power of the enemy. We exercise this authority in prayer.
4. When darkness is bound and cast out in a person, it is important that the empty spiritual place it leaves is filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The story of the return of more demons to torment a person who is cleansed (Matt 12:43) is a pattern we must guard against. Our part in this is to ask that the corresponding spirit of the kingdom of God be released and to declare the truth of the Word concerning the dropout believer. For example, f a stronghold of pride is bound, then we ask for a spirit of humility and submission.
Continue the prayer process on behalf of the two or three people in your sphere of influence who are dropout believers, whom the Lord has shown you to engage with. For more depth on this read Hunters of the Harvest, Chapter 12 and Appendix C.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.