As worship pastors, we should never stop improving engagement. If our churches aren't engaging in worship, we're missing the point.
It's not so much about finding our voice and our sound as much as it is helping the church find her voice and her sound.
We are catalysts, leaders, influencers, coaches, pastors, servants of the bride of Jesus.
It's easy to lose our way in worship. But here's what we need more of:
- More sensitive and skillful use of Scripture
- An invitational style of leading where the congregation feels welcome
- Musicians who love Jesus and people more than music
- Visibly expressive worship teams
- More church staff and lead pastor engagement
- Coaching and teaching the church how to worship
- Sermon series about the glory of God and our response in worship
- Leaders willing to lay down the show and be vulnerable
- A culture where young people are equipped
- Less superstars and more teams
- A multi generational approach
- Skillful pastoring between songs
- More space for God to speak
Because encounter with God is at stake over good music.
We need more atmospheres of encounter.
God is willing. We just need to get out of the way.
David Santistevan is a worship pastor at Allison Park Church in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
This article originally appeared at davidsantistevan.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. Enroll in the FREE Mini-Course to experience Dr. Rutland's training for yourself and then enroll for the full training that will change your life and ministry.
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.
NICL Training offered in FL, TX and GA - Learn everything you wish someone had taught you about business and ministry before you finished seminary. Gain the knowledge that will help propel your life and ministry to the next level as you implement practical lessons from Dr. Rutland's training. Training Dates and Details.
The NICL Online is a brand new option for those church and ministry leaders who cannot attend the in-person training. Now, you can receive all 60-hours of Dr. Rutland's training from the comfort of your home or ministry for a full year. Learn more about NICL Online.