1. The change you most need to initiate will often be the hardest change to make.
2. The loss of power will always be a key objection to change.
3. People aren’t always taking this as seriously as you are. Remember, you aren’t taking their work as serious as they do either.
4. All criticism stings, some more than others. Even when you need to hear it ... it hurts.
5. Being a bad fit for the team doesn’t make someone a bad person.
6. The power of ministry is never limited when it comes from the right source.
7. Some of your greatest partners in ministry are often silent partners. When you need them most, God will reveal them.
8. Your greatest fear will likely be in an area where God can most use you.
9. Just because it is the right thing to do is no indication that everyone is going to love it.
10. You build greater loyalty in people when you share a common vision, not when you share common personalities.
11. People naturally resist what they can’t understand. That makes casting vision continually a premier function of leadership.
12. You limit what you control.
Ron Edmondson is a church planter and pastor with a heart for strategy, leadership and marketing, especially geared toward developing churches and growing and improving the kingdom of God.
For the original article, visit ronedmondson.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.