October is Pastor Appreciation Month. Our pastors do so much every week for our churches, but this is the month that we can spend some extra time seeking to show them our appreciation for all that they do. Here are 10 reasons to appreciate them:
10 Reasons to Appreciate Your Pastor:
- Your pastor is placed in leadership over your church by the Lord, and this is a very heavy responsibility.
- Your pastor is tasked with leading his congregation and the church staff, as well as the direction of the church and the ministry that it does. Talk about a lot to manage!
- Your pastor prepares messages every week that shepherd your heart and mind well.
- Your pastor doesn't have a 9-5. He answers calls and emails at all times, day or night; visits hospitals; and does a million other things outside of the "normal office hours."
- Your pastor's family doesn't receive a salary from the church, but they are also deeply entrenched in the ministry of your church.
- Your pastor carries burdens that he might hear in counseling sessions or important meetings that you will never know. Knowing what so many people are dealing with can be unbelievably overwhelming.
- Your pastor has very few people that he can go to with the challenges that plague his family that are probably very similar to the challenges you and your family face: finances, busy schedules, difficult relationships and more.
- Your pastor often sacrifices holidays with extended family so that he might lead at services. He sacrifices his weekends where he might take a quick trip or relax like you do with your family because he is preparing for services or at the church.
- Your pastor is the resident question answerer when it comes to theology and doctrine. He has to carefully explain the most nuanced ideas and help others understand. What a blessing that we have someone to go to when we have questions!
- Your pastor grieves when you fail to honor Jesus with your life and rejoices in your obedience. He also cheers you on in the faith by both being there physically but also in prayer.
Pastoral work is difficult and sacrificial, and it is absolutely a calling that the Lord extends on someone's life. It also is your pastor's joy to serve you and see you grow in Christ.
Spend some time praying for your pastor today and determine to show your appreciation in some way. Write him a card, grab him a gift or buy him a cup of coffee. Just remind him that you see the work he does and appreciate it.
We'd love for you to consider purchasing a Legacy of Faith set for your pastor to thank him for the legacy he is leaving on the hearts of those in your church.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.