This Sunday we celebrate our mothers and all the wisdom they tried to impart to us.
Now that we're grown up, perhaps we can use some of that wisdom in our fight for financial freedom. Some things to remember:
- "Take out the trash": Mom's subtle way of telling you that nothing good happens without hard work.
- "Share with your sister": Giving produces good returns at home, at work and throughout life.
- "Do your homework": Knowledge and skill make you more marketable and valuable.
- "Your eyes are too big for your stomach": Don't go after more stuff than you can afford.
- "Clean your room": Manage what you own so you can get more.
- "Children are starving in China": Be grateful for what you have and always eat the food your Mom gives you.
- "No": Some things you want may not be good for you.
- "Wait till your father gets home": When you get in trouble, be humble and try to settle the problem at the lowest level possible.
- "You can do it, son": A little encouragement goes a long way. Have faith.
- "Get dressed for church": Don't forget to give thanks to the Lord.
We'll try to do better.
Ron Allen is a Christian businessman, CPA and author who serves in local, national and international ministries, spreading a message of reconciliation to God, to men and between believers. He is founder of the International Star Bible Society, telling how the heavens declare the glory of God; the Emancipation Network, which helps people escape from financial bondage; and co-founder with his wife, Pat, of Corporate Prayer Resources, dedicated to helping intercessors.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. Enroll in the FREE Mini-Course to experience Dr. Rutland's training for yourself and then enroll for the full training that will change your life and ministry.
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.
NICL Training offered in FL, TX and GA - Learn everything you wish someone had taught you about business and ministry before you finished seminary. Gain the knowledge that will help propel your life and ministry to the next level as you implement practical lessons from Dr. Rutland's training. Training Dates and Details.
The NICL Online is a brand new option for those church and ministry leaders who cannot attend the in-person training. Now, you can receive all 60-hours of Dr. Rutland's training from the comfort of your home or ministry for a full year. Learn more about NICL Online.