This Sunday we celebrated our mothers and all of the wisdom they tried to impart to us.
Now that we're grown up, perhaps we can use some of that wisdom in our fight for financial freedom. Here are some things to remember:
- "Take Out The Trash"—This is Mom's subtle way of telling you that nothing good happens without hard work.
- "Share With Your Sister"—Giving produces good returns at home, at work and throughout life.
- "Do Your Homework"—Knowledge and skill make you more marketable and valuable.
- "Your Eyes Are Too Big for Your Stomach"—Don't go after more stuff than you can afford.
- "Clean Your Room"—Manage what you own so you can get more.
- "Children Are Starving in China"—Be grateful for what you have, and always eat the food your Mom gives you.
- "No"—Some things you want may not be good for you.
- "Wait 'Till Your Father Gets Home"—When you get in trouble, be humble and try to settle the problem at the lowest level possible.
- "You Can Do It, Son"—A little encouragement goes a long way. Have faith.
- "Get Dressed for Church"—Don't forget to give thanks to the Lord.
We'll try to do better.
Ron Allen is a Christian businessman, CPA and author who serves in local, national and international ministries spreading a message of reconciliation to God, to men and between believers. He is founder of the International Star Bible Society, telling how the heavens declare the glory of God and the Emancipation Network, which helps people escape from financial bondage, and co-founder with his wife, Pat, of Corporate Prayer Resources, dedicated to helping intercessors.
Improve your life and ministry by learning something new. Our Ministry Leadership Bundle includes 3 Books: Amplified Leadership, Breaking Intimidation and The Power of Humility. View Offer!
Get our BEST DEAL on Ministry Today magazine. Get a full year for only $12! Yes-I want this deal.