It's so easy to flow in the world's way of doing business. We are bombarded by websites, tweets, magazines, books, blogs and more on the "secrets" to success. Yet these so-called "secrets" are under the influence and control of Satan, and of course, are not God's way for business success.
Here are eight simple truths with reference verses to jump-start your journey into supernatural business success God's way.
8 Truths for Supernatural Business Success
- Use your head—but don't let it lead you.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" (Prov. 3:5).
- If God tells you to do something, He will take care of you.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" (Josh. 1:9).
- Only follow others who are led by Holy Spirit.
"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God" (Rom. 8:14).
- Take as much money as you can out of the world's system and sow it back into God's system.
"And the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just" (Prov. 13:22b).
- There is no earthly reward for early retirement.
"Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died. His eye was not dim, nor was his vitality diminished" (Deut. 34:7).
- David often inquired of the Lord. You should too.
"Therefore David inquired of the Lord ..." (1 Sam. 23:2). "Then David again inquired of the Lord ..." (1 Sam. 23:4). "David inquired of the Lord ..." (1 Sam. 30:8). Also 2 Samuel 2:1; 5:19, 23; 12:1; 1 Chronicles 14:10, 14:14.
- Servant followership is the first critical step toward servant leadership.
Truly, truly I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone. But if it dies, it bears much fruit. He who loves his life will lose it. And he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me. Where I am, there will My servant be also. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him (John 12:24-26).
- The money and resources you need today you will not need in heaven, so boldly ask for them now.
"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think, according to the power that works in us" (Eph. 3:20).
"Let us then come with confidence to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need" (Heb. 4:16).
Your Next Step
As I do with all my business and ministry coaching clients, I ask you to take action on your promptings. How?
1. Which of these truths most resonated or impacted you (even if it was only a check in your spirit)?
2. Record this truth on something you will see regularly this week —reminders, calendar, to-do list and so on.
3. Every time you see this truth, simply pause and lift a short breath-prayer to the Lord, just like Nehemiah (Neh. 2:4).
4. Next week, review this list and ask Holy Spirit if you need to keep each truth on your list, or replace it with another.
5. Repeat until your spirit is at peace that this truth is now manifest in your leadership walk.
As these truths become more embedded within your spirit, you will be on your way to even greater supernatural business success.
Dr. Jim Harris is an executive and ministry coach, business adviser, and the author of 14 award-winning business books including Our Unfair Advantage: Unleash the Power of the Holy Spirit in Your Business. Download his FREE tool, 55 Critical Resources for Believers in Business. Connect with Dr. Jim on Facebook LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.