As a young girl, I would always dream about getting married and having a family one day. Many young girls dream and hope for a fairy tale life.
There was a time when I was a young girl that being a stay-at-home mom was the norm. I remember my mom was at home and I remember she seemed to always have it together. She would wake up early, make my dad breakfast and pack him a lunch. Our home was always spotless and so peaceful. Women then seemed to have more of a balance with life. At least, it seemed a little more relaxed and slow-paced.
That's anything but the case these days. I have the opportunity to speak with many moms—younger and older—and here are some of the things they share with me about their lives:
1. I'm just so tired, I don't have the strength or energy for my children, for my husband, my job, etc.
2. I feel there is more to my life; I just haven't honed in on my purpose.
3. I am constantly dealing with my kids every day. I don't feel like I have any help.
4. I just don't have anymore in me to fulfill my husband's needs. By the time I put the kids to bed, I don't have the energy to be intimate with my husband.
5. I don't know how to balance my schedule with work, church and everything else going on.
Does this sound familiar? I could definitely add more, but I think you get the gist of it.
So, how do you find the balance with your ministry and still allow yourself to enjoy being a mother? Here are some suggestions:
1. Stop feeling sorry for yourself—this is self-pity, and it doesn't help. Most mothers feel this way, so you are not alone.
2. Embrace your calling as a mother and celebrate your children. They grow up fast, so make the most of every moment with them.
3. Being a mother is one of the greatest callings in life. You have the influence over the next generation of men and women of God. Pour into your children.
4. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your spouse, family, friends or your church. Don't go at this alone. We all need that support and encouragement.
5. Your children are counting on you. They need you, and they need you to be that bridge to Jesus.
"For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you'" (Is. 41:13, MEV).
"And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not give up" (Gal. 6:9, MEV).
"But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint" (Isa. 40:31, MEV)/
Confessions to help you stay strong and encouraged:
- I thank You, Father God, for my child / children. They are gifts from You.
- I celebrate my children today, and I am honored to be their mother.
- Thank You for giving me the strength, wisdom, anointing and patience to raise them in the nurture and admonition of You, Lord.
- Thank You for the support You've put around me to encourage me and help me.
- I am truly grateful for this high calling as a mother. I will commit my life to be the best example I can be to my children.
- I thank You that my children reverence You and love You with all their hearts, souls, minds and strength.
- I thank You that my children will serve You all the days of their lives.
- Today I put my trust in You even when I don't know what to do, or if I don't understand, You are in control.
Whether you are a new mother, a mother of several children or a mother whose children are grown, it's never too late to make a difference in the lives of your children. You cannot allow Satan to lie to you and make you think you cannot be a good mother or make you feel guilt for what you did or didn't do for your children.
We all make mistakes, and there are no perfect parents. We all need God to help us. Start today, learn from the Word of God how to raise your children, or if they are grown, begin today building a better relationship with them and praying for them.
Along with her husband, Pastor Luis Reyes, Tricia Reyes is the co-founder of The New Church Of Joy in Waukegan, Illinois. She is a blogger and author and helps manage her daughter Madison's (Maddie Rey) Music Ministry. She is a devoted wife as well as mother to Madison and Matthew and loves the Lord with all her heart! To learn more about Tricia's ministry or to book her for a Women's Event/Conference visit her website at triciareyes.com or thenewchurchofjoy.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.