More than ever, volunteers are a critical part of children's ministry. Without them, there would be no children's ministry.
As I connect with churches across the country, I am finding that many have lost a significant number of volunteers due to COVID-19.
I believe and am praying that as the impact of COVID-19 lessens in the months ahead, many volunteers will return and reengage in the most important ministry in the world—children's ministry.
One important factor in keeping volunteers and seeing them serve for the long haul is showing them how much you appreciate them. This includes volunteers who are currently serving and those who will join you as you rebuild your team.
Let's look at 10 simple ways you can show your volunteers how much you appreciate them.
1. A handwritten note. In the age of technology, where everything is digital and printed, a handwritten note is gold. Keep a stack of thank you notes by your desk and send out at least 3 a week. In the note, let the volunteer know how much you appreciate them and thank them for their heart for the next generation.
2. A small gift. Their favorite candy bar. A gift certificate to an ice cream shop.
3. Thank you. Two powerful words. Say them every single week to your volunteers.
4 Have the kids make a card for the volunteer.
5. Meet them at a coffee shop and hang out with them for a while. The tab is on you.
6. Recognize their years of service. Keep track of how long they have been serving and recognize them for this.
7. Have them over to your house for a cookout. Just have fun hanging out with them.
8. Recognize their birthday.
9. Brag on them. Brag about them to the pastor. Brag about them to parents. Brag about them in your newsletter or church bulletin. Brag about them on your ministry Facebook page.
10. Text message them. Just a few sincere words of thankfulness for them and their ministry.
Which volunteer will you acknowledge and thank God for this week?
For the original article, visit relevantchildrensministry.com.
Dale Hudson has been in children's ministry for over 30 years. He has helped build some of the largest and fastest growing children's ministries and churches in the nation. At Christ Fellowship in South Florida, he helped the church grow from 12,000 to over 28,000 people attending each weekend. In eight years there, he built a volunteer team of over 2,600 that ministered to thousands of kids each weekend.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.