TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) Conferences were started in 1984.
They feature some of the brightest, most innovative people on the planet. They address a wide range of topics within the research and practice of science and culture, often through storytelling. The speakers are given a maximum of 18 minutes to present their ideas in the most innovative and engaging ways they can.
The talks given at TED can be found at ted.com. There is also an app you can download for your smartphone that will give you access to the talks.
I'm a big fan and watch TED talks often. Many of the talks have helped me grow as a children's ministry leader. New talks are added on a regular basis.
Below are 10 TED talks that I recommend to children's ministry leaders. Check them out. You'll be glad you did.
1. How Great Leaders Inspire Action by Simon Sinek (This will change the way you invite people to join your volunteer team).
2. How Schools Kill Creativity by Ken Robinson (Nurture rather than undermine creativity in kids).
3. Virtual Choir by Eric Whitacre (A great example of rallying people behind a vision).
4. The Tribes We Lead by Seth Godin (How ordinary people can lead and make big change).
5. Every Kid Needs a Champion by Rita Pierson (Believing in kids and connecting with them in a real, personal level).
6. Teach Teachers How to Create Magic by Christopher Emdin (How to make a classroom come alive).
7. Hey Science Teachers—Make It Fun by Tyler DeWitt (Make your lessons come alive with stories and demonstrations).
8. 3 Rules to Spark Learning by Ramsey Musallam (3 rules to spark imagination and get kids excited about learning).
9. Gaming to Re-Engage Boys in Learning by Ali Carr-Chellman (Let boys be boys and use video games to teach and entertain them).
10. What Adults Can Learn From Kids by Adora Svitak (Kids' big dreams deserve high expectations starting with grownups' willingness to learn from children as much as to teach).
What other TED talks have helped you? Share them with us in the comment section below.
Dale Hudson has served in children's and family ministry for over 24 years. He is director of children's ministries at Christ Fellowship Church in Palm Beach, Florida. He was recently named one of the top 20 influencers in children's ministry. He is the co-author of four ministry books, including Turbocharged: 100 Simple Secrets to Successful Children's Ministry.
For the original article, visit relevantchildrensministry.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.