A transformed children’s ministry comes from transformational leadership. Transformational leadership is when a leader raises team members to higher levels of motivation and effectiveness.
Transformational leaders create an inspiring vision. An inspiring vision comes from:
- Clarifying your purpose—why you do what you do
- Core values that the team will be committed to
- Creating a picture of what can be
- Communicating the vision
Transformational leaders motivate people to buy in and own the vision:
- Talk about the vision often—remember, vision leaks.
- Tell the stories of kids and families who are being impacted by the vision.
- Teamwork—show people the part they play in making the vision a reality.
- Thank people on the team—encourage them, praise them, appreciate them.
Transformational leaders develop plans to make the vision a reality. They take the next step and deliver the vision:
- Lead through changes that need to be made.
- Lay out goals that will take you to the vision.
- Let people see your commitment and persistence to overcome difficulties and roadblocks.
Transformational leaders build ever-stronger, trust-based relationships:
- Find out your team members’ personalities, love languages, developmental needs and goals.
- Focus on helping them grow, meet their goals and achieve their dreams.
- Feedback—create a culture where feedback is not only received but asked for.
- Face-to-face, personal time with your team members.
In conclusion, everything rises and falls on leadership. The natural overflow of transformational leadership is a transformed children’s ministry.
Dale Hudson has served in children and family ministry for over 24 years. He is the director of children’s ministries at Christ Fellowship Church in Palm Beach, Fla. He was recently named one of the top 20 influencers in children’s ministry. He is the co-author of four ministry books, including Turbocharged: 100 Simple Secrets to Successful Children’s Ministry. Visit Dale at relevantchildrensministry.com.
For the original article, visit relevantchildrensministry.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.