I was reading about productivity recently in the CEO.com newsletter. I loved the infographic they used and was intrigued by the biggest changes leaders need to make to become more productive.
The top five really resonated with me and I’ve listed them in my own words:
1. Have a task management system. You have to capture all that you have to do. If you don’t, you’ll be constantly bombarded with the thoughts of getting stuff done. Put it in a task management system and get it off of your mind!
2. Only have a meeting as a last resort. Meetings kill time and productivity. If you can have a quick conversation with a couple of people in a casual way, do that instead. If you can take care of it in a walk-by conversation, do that. If you can communicate with a phone call, do it. Only meet as a last resort!
3. Schedule time to answer email and social media. If you don’t, they’ll constantly be distractions throughout the day. The problem with push notifications on email is that they disrupt you too often. The same with social media. Schedule them. They do have value, but not enough to be a constant and consistent distraction.
4. Have a plan for tomorrow. Seriously, make a plan for what you’ll get accomplished tomorrow. This could be a quick arrangement of tasks or a look at your calendar. Have a plan and goals for your day. If you aim at nothing, you’ll hit it.
5. Leverage empowerment by delegating. One of the biggest lessons we can learn as a leader is delegation. If they can do it as well or better than you, let them.
Artie Davis is the pastor at Cornerstone Community Church in Orangeburg, S.C. He heads the Comb Network and the Sticks Conference. He speaks and writes about leadership, ministry, church planting and cultural diversity in the church. You can find his blog at ArtieDavis.com or catch him on Twitter @artiedavis.
For the original article, visit pastors.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Steve Greene is now sharing stories, teachings, and conversations with guests who lead with love on Love Leads, a new podcast. Listen now.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.