Spiritual (v): supernatural; one who is filled with and governed by the power of God.
Gift (v): grace or gifts denoting extraordinary powers.
Destiny (n): a predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power or agency; a power that is believed to control what happens in the future.
As I am currently in the middle of teaching a five-part series titled Unleash Your Destiny at The Kingdom Institute – Pensacola, a major revelation fell within me on why spiritual gifts are critical to fulfilling our marketplace destinies.
Just by the definitions above, we see that spiritual gifts are supernatural, a grace toward an extraordinary power potentially available to you. Yet how often do we even think about our spiritual gifts? Their potential? Or more important, actually unleashing them in our work and our workplace?
At last night's TKI equipping session, I asked all those attending as well as those from around the world watching our TKI Facebook Live feed the following question: "How many of your today unleashed your spiritual gifts at work?"
The silence was stunning—yet not in a condemning way.
5 Reasons Spiritual Gifts Are Critical to Destiny
Before I launched in my core teaching on "7 Spiritual Gifts Truths", I shared these five reasons spiritual gifts are critical to fulfilling your marketplace destiny. I was led today to share them with you.
Spiritual gifts are critical to fulfilling your marketplace destiny because it takes:
- Supernatural Thinking to solve unsolvable problems. No amount of human intellect can solve the big problems you face at work. It takes heavily-drenched supernatural thinking to successfully attack and diminish the overwhelming problems, issues and challenges you face within your marketplace.
- Supernatural favor to gain access to the tops of your mountains. There is no faster way to gain access to the top leaders within your marketplace mountain that by solving unsolvable problems in your company or industry (see No. 1). This then leads to the favor of access to the movers and shakers who now will listen to you.
- Supernatural power to dispel Satan from the tops of marketplace mountains. The puppets of Satan are well entrenched at the top of the seven mountains of cultural influence. Attempting to displace his chosen followers (albeit perhaps blind followers) can only be accomplished through supernaturally charged kingdom warriors unleashing the power of heaven into their sphere of influence.
- Supernatural presence to receive supernatural revelations. Without extended times of deep communion and intercession, you simply reply upon your natural skills and talents rather than the unlimited, eternal wisdom available through stepping into His presence and bringing that presence into your marketplace. Without time invested in asking God what exactly His will is for your gifts at work, you may never fully understand your destiny path.
- Supernatural authority to have supernatural impact. Through properly leveraging your spiritual gifts, your excellence combined with your newfound access and influence has the potential to transform your colleagues, position, company and industry leaders.
Unleashing your spiritual gifts alone may not be all you need to fulfill your destiny. Yet by confidently walking in the full authority of your spiritual gifts, your supernatural thinking, favor, power, presence and authority will shift atmospheres, transform industries and launch you into the deep waters of living out what God destined you to be trillions of years ago.
Therefore the question remains: How have you leveraged your spiritual gifts at work today?
Dr. Jim Harris is an executive coach, adviser and author of 14 award-winning business books. Download his free "31 Power Prayers to Prosper Your Business." Connect with Dr. Jim on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
This article originally appeared at drjimharris.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.