Some of life's greatest lessons come packaged in a hard personal experience.
I've learned a few things in life, but truly, the greatest things I know came through mistakes, failures and disappointments.
Here are 10 hard-to-learn life lessons:
- A "lesson in humility" teaches far more than an "ego boost."
- Often, in my experience, what I don't want to do is the very thing I need to do the most.
- The best friends sometimes say the hardest things to hear.
- Sometimes it's not until you give up the right to control that a breakthrough comes.
- People are more honest with you if they can predict your reaction.
- We hurt most the ones we love the most.
- Very few people can really comply with "don't tell anyone."
- You never get a second chance at a first impression.
- God's way is better than my own.
- Rebuilding trust is more difficult than keeping established trust.
Ron Edmondson is the senior pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church in Lexington, Kentucky.
This article originally appeared at ronedmondson.com.
Improve your life and ministry by learning something new. Our Ministry Leadership Bundle includes 3 Books: Amplified Leadership, Breaking Intimidation and The Power of Humility. View Offer!
Get our BEST DEAL on Ministry Today magazine. Get a full year for only $12! Yes-I want this deal.