Joseph is one of my favorite personalities in the Old Testament. The story of Joseph in Genesis is one worth reading again and again.
In regards to Joseph, here are some leadership qualities I admire in him:
1. Principle. He had character and integrity. He was honest. He was tempted at multiple times, and he resisted.
2. Humble. The power and prestige of his position working for Pharaoh never changed him.
3. Discipline. Joseph had the proper long term perspective, even while in jail for a crime he didn’t commit.
4. Faithfulness. While in jail and throughout all of the turmoil, Joseph remained faithful to God and never wavered from his commitment to follow Him.
5. Grace. Joseph showed grace and mercy to his brothers, even though they had sold him into slavery.
6. Competence. He did his job with excellence. Whether as a servant, or the interpreter of Pharaoh’s dream, or as the manager of the family sheep flock.
7. Wise. Joseph was wise beyond his years. He was 30 when he stepped in to help set up Egypt for the famine, and demonstrated a seasoned perspective with decision after decision.
8. Strategic. Joseph was a planner. He instructed the officials to prepare for a famine, even though it was years away, gathering up food to store up, even during the seven years of “plenty.”
For the original article, visit bradlomenick.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Steve Greene is now sharing stories, teachings, and conversations with guests who lead with love on Love Leads, a new podcast. Listen now.
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.