Courage is not just a personal trait. It’s an organizational trait as well.
And we all want, in some way, to be part of an organization and team that demonstrates courage. That is willing to push up the hill, against the odds, beyond all doubts to achieve results and impact what most thought not possible.
So here are a few points about creating a courageous organizational culture:
1. Allow for failure. The road to success is many times put together through multiple failures.
2. Reward innovation. You reward what matters most.
3. Take bold risks. Bold vision is inspiring and creates bold team members.
4. Pursue the right opportunities. Aggressively pursue a few things that make sense. Less is more in this case.
5. Say no often. While it’s important to take bold risks and pursue the right opportunities, it’s also conversely important to say no to almost everything else. Being focused on doing a few things great is way better than doing a bunch of things average.
6. Liberally pass on responsibility and authority to your team. If you want your team to be courageous, give them the chance to lead.
7. Set standards that scare you. Your level of excellence and expectation for your product or service or experience should almost be something that is unattainable.
Brad Lomenick is president and key visionary of Catalyst—a movement purposed to equip and inspire young Christian leaders through events, resources, consulting and community. Follow him on Twitter @bradlomenick, or read his personal blog at bradlomenick.com.
For the original article, visit bradlomenick.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. taught by Dr. Mark Rutland. If you're the type of leader that likes to have total control over every aspect of your ministry and your future success, the NICL is right for you!
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.Do you feel stuck? Do you feel like you’re not growing? Do you need help from an expert in leadership? There is no other leadership training like the NICL. Gain the leadership skills and confidence you need to lead your church, business or ministry. Get ready to accomplish all of your God-given dreams. CLICK HERE for NICL training dates and details.
The NICL Online is an option for any leader with time or schedule constraints. It's also for leaders who want to expedite their training to receive advanced standing for Master Level credit hours. Work through Dr. Rutland's full training from the comfort of your home or ministry at your pace. Learn more about NICL Online. Learn more about NICL Online.