If you are struggling to define the message of your ministry, how will your audience define you?
What do you hear yourself saying most often? What do you wake up thinking about? What one thing do you hope your audience will remember about you?
Our message is rooted in the gospel, but God also gives each of us a ministry of help. There are certain needs that you are uniquely qualified to address. You have an anointing on your life and work to speak into the needs of others.
Your message should permeate all of your writing in some way. Become an authority in your topic by specialization.
3 Tips for Crafting Your Message
1. Start with one word. Select the one word that defines your core interest and calling to help others. For example:
2. Use the word in a sentence (tweet size). Examples:
Understanding of proper stewardship of personal finance creates peace in the home and opportunity in the kingdom.
- Lead as Jesus led. God is love and leads us with love.
- Abundant living is based on the words of Jesus: "I come that you may have life and have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).
- We teach Christ should be the center of our hearts and homes. First the home, then the uttermost.
- Many know Jesus but have left the church. We welcome back all those who need and want to be restored.
3. Write a blog. Write for at least one year, five days a week. Your Sunday message could also be added to your blog. Allow your message to drip into your target audience. As you blog, you will develop deep roots in your message and allow the Holy Spirit to speak into the development of your message.
Develop your message based on felt needs. Send your message with high frequency to people who have identified themselves and need your help.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president of the media group at Charisma Media and executive producer of the Charisma Podcast Network. His book, Love Leads: The Spiritual Connection Between Your Relationships and Productivity, is now available.
Leaders, Dr. Greene wants to help you understand the spiritual connection between relationships and productivity. Read his new blog, Love Leads.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Dr. Steve Greene is now sharing stories, teachings, and conversations with guests who lead with love on Love Leads, a new podcast. Listen now.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. Enroll in the FREE Mini-Course to experience Dr. Rutland's training for yourself and then enroll for the full training that will change your life and ministry.
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.
NICL Training offered in FL, TX and GA - Learn everything you wish someone had taught you about business and ministry before you finished seminary. Gain the knowledge that will help propel your life and ministry to the next level as you implement practical lessons from Dr. Rutland's training. Training Dates and Details.
The NICL Online is a brand new option for those church and ministry leaders who cannot attend the in-person training. Now, you can receive all 60-hours of Dr. Rutland's training from the comfort of your home or ministry for a full year. Learn more about NICL Online.