Do you notice any of these seven signs of a toxic leader in your life?
- They rarely demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit.
- They seek a minimalist structure of accountability.
- They expect behavior of others they don't expect of themselves.
- They see almost everyone else as inferior to themselves.
- They show favoritism.
- They do not allow for pushback or disagreement and surround themselves with sycophants.
- They are self-absorbed.
Some highlights from today's Rainer Report:
- Toxic leaders keep great things from happening in a church.
- Toxic leaders often avoid systems of accountability.
- Strong leaders are not only surrounded by those who tell them what they want to hear.
- Toxic leaders focus on three people: me, myself and I.
Thom S. Rainer is the president of LifeWay Christian Resources.
This article originally appeared at thomrainer.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!
Dr. Mark Rutland's
National Institute of Christian Leadership (NICL)
The NICL is one of the top leadership training programs in the U.S. Enroll in the FREE Mini-Course to experience Dr. Rutland's training for yourself and then enroll for the full training that will change your life and ministry.
FREE NICL MINI-COURSE - Enroll for 3-hours of training from Dr. Rutland's full leadership course. Experience the NICL and decide if this training is right for you and your team.
NICL Training offered in FL, TX and GA - Learn everything you wish someone had taught you about business and ministry before you finished seminary. Gain the knowledge that will help propel your life and ministry to the next level as you implement practical lessons from Dr. Rutland's training. Training Dates and Details.
The NICL Online is a brand new option for those church and ministry leaders who cannot attend the in-person training. Now, you can receive all 60-hours of Dr. Rutland's training from the comfort of your home or ministry for a full year. Learn more about NICL Online.