Dr. Steve Greene is now sharing his reflections and practical insights as a ministry leader on Greenelines, a new podcast. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
Here are 12 Bible verses that have helped shape my life. There are so many others, but these were the first 12 to come to mind.
I memorized these years ago, and they’ve been timeless truths—daily reminders—that I have “hidden in my heart.” All verses are from the New International Version, because that was the version I primarily used at the time.
You may want to pick one, write it on an index card, put it on the refrigerator and hide it in your heart.
Here are 12 life-shaping verses:
1. "Noah did everything just as God commanded him" (Gen. 6:22).
2. "Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few" (Eccl. 5:2).
3. "As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do" (1 Pet. 1:14-15).
4. "Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me"
5. "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life" (Prov. 4:23)
6. "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed" (Prov. 16:3).
7. "I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me" (Ps. 13:6).
8. "Dear children, keep yourselves from idols" (1 John 5:21).
9. "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still" (Ex. 14:14).
10. "But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart'” (1 Sam. 16:7).
11. "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings" (Prov. 25:2).
12. "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps" (Prov. 16:9).
What is one of your life-shaping verses?
Ron Edmondson is a church planter and pastor with a heart for strategy, leadership and marketing, especially geared toward developing churches and growing and improving the kingdom of God.
For the original article, visit ronedmondson.com.
Leaders are readers! Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Ministry Today, Charisma and SpiritLed Woman all for $24. YES - I'm a leader!
Ministry Today Subscription Special - Subscribe to Ministry Today magazine today and get 12 issues (2 full years) plus Amplified Leadership, a free leadership book for only $24.