Who doesn’t want to hear when they get to heaven, “Well done, thy good and faithful servant”? What better reason is there to revel in spreading the Good News?
Here are seven reasons to love sharing the gospel:
1. It’s like sharing with a person who is broke that they just won the Lotto (only better!).
2. You enter a struggle with the forces of darkness in a battle over a soul’s eternal destination (epic!).
3. When you share the gospel, you are put in a position of being forced to rely on the Holy Spirit for wisdom (James 1:5-6), courage (Eph. 6:19-20), and clarity (Col. 4:4).
4. It’s like sharing with a cancer victim that you just discovered the cure for cancer (only better!).
5. Evangelism is the communication of the greatest love story in the history of the world (sorry, Romeo!).
6. It’s like telling an orphan they’ve been adopted into the family of the richest person in the universe (well, that’s exactly what it is).
7. The pressure is not on you to convert them but to share the gospel clearly, wisely and lovingly. The Holy Spirit does the rest!
By the way, if you don’t know how to share the gospel, download the amazing Dare 2 Share app, watch the videos, and be equipped! Or get yourself to the Dare 2 Share “Reverse” tour kicking off in late January and finishing in April.
Keep sharing the Good News!
Greg Stier is a husband, a father, a preacher, an author, a twitchy revolutionary and a fanatic for Jesus. He's the president of Dare 2 Share Ministries, which has led thousands of students to Jesus and equipped thousands more to reach their world with the gospel. He blogs at GregStier.org.
For the original article, visit pastors.com.
For a limited time, we are extending our celebration of our 40th anniversary. As a special offer, subscribe to Ministry Today magazine and receive 50% OFF our normal discounted rate!
What are you doing to actively reach new people? Learn how to use platforms like blogging, social media, book publishing, podcasting and more to grow your audience at the On Platform Seminar. If you're serious about growing, Click Here.