Who doesn’t want to hear when they get to heaven, “Well done, thy good and faithful servant”? What better reason is there to revel in spreading the Good News?
Here are seven reasons to love sharing the gospel:
1. It’s like sharing with a person who is broke that they just won the Lotto (only better!).
2. You enter a struggle with the forces of darkness in a battle over a soul’s eternal destination (epic!).
3. When you share the gospel, you are put in a position of being forced to rely on the Holy Spirit for wisdom (James 1:5-6), courage (Eph. 6:19-20), and clarity (Col. 4:4).
4. It’s like sharing with a cancer victim that you just discovered the cure for cancer (only better!).
5. Evangelism is the communication of the greatest love story in the history of the world (sorry, Romeo!).
6. It’s like telling an orphan they’ve been adopted into the family of the richest person in the universe (well, that’s exactly what it is).
7. The pressure is not on you to convert them but to share the gospel clearly, wisely and lovingly. The Holy Spirit does the rest!
By the way, if you don’t know how to share the gospel, download the amazing Dare 2 Share app, watch the videos, and be equipped! Or get yourself to the Dare 2 Share “Reverse” tour kicking off in late January and finishing in April.
Keep sharing the Good News!
Greg Stier is a husband, a father, a preacher, an author, a twitchy revolutionary and a fanatic for Jesus. He's the president of Dare 2 Share Ministries, which has led thousands of students to Jesus and equipped thousands more to reach their world with the gospel. He blogs at GregStier.org.
For the original article, visit pastors.com.
Has God called you to be a leader? Ministry Today magazine is the source that Christian leaders who want to serve with passion and purpose turn to. Subscribe now and receive a free leadership book.
What are you doing to actively reach new people? From blogging and social media to podcasting and book publishing, the On Platform Seminar will teach you how to expand your reach by using new platforms as launching pads into larger audiences. Click Here.