The enemy is known for whispering lies. He started in the Garden of Eden and continues to this day.
Here are 10 lies he whispers to children’s ministry leaders. How do I know? I’ve personally heard all of these:
1. You’re not really making a difference.
2. What you do is not as important as adult ministry.
3. You don’t have the ability to do this.
4. You’re too busy to pray.
5. You’re teaching kids. If you were a really good teacher, you would be teaching adults.
6. No one wants to volunteer.
7. No one appreciates you and your ministry.
8. That kid or family can’t be reached.
9. You’re not successful because your children’s ministry is not growing. Give up and quit.
10. God doesn’t care. If He did, He wouldn’t have let that child die.
When the enemy whispers these and other lies to you, what should you do?
Do what Jesus did in the wilderness. Speak the Word of God back to him and stand on God’s promises:
- Next >>
Ministry Today Subscription Special - Subscribe to Ministry Today magazine today and get 12 issues (2 full years) plus Amplified Leadership, a free leadership book for only $24.
Order Life in the Spirit to actively grow your ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit. Your congregation will stay saturated in God's Word, learn to hear His voice, understand their purpose and calling and move into an active role in your ministry.