The enemy is known for whispering lies. He started in the Garden of Eden and continues to this day.
Here are 10 lies he whispers to children’s ministry leaders. How do I know? I’ve personally heard all of these:
1. You’re not really making a difference.
2. What you do is not as important as adult ministry.
3. You don’t have the ability to do this.
4. You’re too busy to pray.
5. You’re teaching kids. If you were a really good teacher, you would be teaching adults.
6. No one wants to volunteer.
7. No one appreciates you and your ministry.
8. That kid or family can’t be reached.
9. You’re not successful because your children’s ministry is not growing. Give up and quit.
10. God doesn’t care. If He did, He wouldn’t have let that child die.
When the enemy whispers these and other lies to you, what should you do?
Do what Jesus did in the wilderness. Speak the Word of God back to him and stand on God’s promises:
- Next >>
For more than 25 years, Ministry Today has been the source to Christian leaders who want to serve with passion and purpose. Be the leader God intended you to be. Click Here to subscribe and join our family of 20,000 leaders.
What are you doing to actively reach new people? Learn how to use platforms like blogging, social media, book publishing, podcasting and more to grow your audience at the On Platform Seminar. If you're serious about growing, get started now.