1. The change you most need to initiate will often be the hardest change to make.
2. The loss of power will always be a key objection to change.
3. People aren’t always taking this as seriously as you are. Remember, you aren’t taking their work as serious as they do either.
4. All criticism stings, some more than others. Even when you need to hear it ... it hurts.
5. Being a bad fit for the team doesn’t make someone a bad person.
6. The power of ministry is never limited when it comes from the right source.
7. Some of your greatest partners in ministry are often silent partners. When you need them most, God will reveal them.
8. Your greatest fear will likely be in an area where God can most use you.
9. Just because it is the right thing to do is no indication that everyone is going to love it.
10. You build greater loyalty in people when you share a common vision, not when you share common personalities.
11. People naturally resist what they can’t understand. That makes casting vision continually a premier function of leadership.
12. You limit what you control.
Ron Edmondson is a church planter and pastor with a heart for strategy, leadership and marketing, especially geared toward developing churches and growing and improving the kingdom of God.
For the original article, visit ronedmondson.com.
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Go deeper!
What are you doing to actively grow your ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit? When people catch on fire for God, there's no telling what you can accomplish. Life in the Spirit is a teaching series designed to move people from the back row to the front lines. Order this Spirit-filled resource Let God work in your ministry.