My wife Cheryl and I saw “It’s a Wonderful Life” again this year. That isn’t unusual. It was probably about the 30th time or so.
We love the movie. It may be considered my “favorite”… if I ever had to declare one.
This time we got to see it on the big screen. One of our local, historic theaters, shared the film for Christmas. There was something even more wonderful about “It’s a Wonderful Life” in that setting. I took time to reflect on the moment. I was reminded how many life lessons this movie provides.
Here are 10 life lessons from “It’s a Wonderful Life”:
1. It’s not just about us.
2. When we hurt, we hurt others.
3. We can’t hide our pain from people we love.
4. We need community. (Even better, a community of prayer.)
5. There is power in cooperation.
6. We seldom know the impact we have on others.
7. Character speaks louder than cash.
8. “All you can take with you is that which you have given away”. (Peter Bailey)
9. “No man is a failure who has friends”. (Clarence)
10. Our life matters. Your life matters. (“Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?” – Clarence.)
What did I miss?
Ron Edmondson is a church planter and pastor with a heart for strategy, leadership and marketing, especially geared toward developing churches and growing and improving the kingdom of God.
For the original article, visit ronedmondson.com.
3 Reasons Why you should read Life in the Spirit. 1) Get to know the Holy Spirit. 2) Learn to enter God's presence 3) Hear God's voice clearly! Go deeper!
What are you doing to actively grow your ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit? When people catch on fire for God, there's no telling what you can accomplish. Life in the Spirit is a teaching series designed to move people from the back row to the front lines. Order this Spirit-filled resource Let God work in your ministry.