I recently hosted an event aimed at equipping young pastors with the resources they need to thrive in their ministry. This was the culmination of a vision I’ve had for a very long time.
I’ve been in ministry for over a dozen years and, in that time, I’ve both been a young pastor, and also worked with many young pastors. And if there is one thing I’ve learned, it’s that young pastors need a ton of support in order in order to be successful in the ministry God had called them to fulfill.
So this year I decided to launch a non-profit to resource and connect young pastors.
The event we hosted in Minneapolis is one of many resources we plan to provide, and only the first of many events we plan to host in different parts the country, but each event and resource will have the same objective: Equip young pastors.
Based on my experience working with young pastors, and my own early ministry experience, I’ve pinpointed five areas of focus for our resources and events.
We believe these are the areas which will benefit you—the young pastor—the very most.
The five areas are as follows:
- Spiritual Devotion. Our spirituality isn’t just important, it is the driving force behind everything we do. If we don’t cultivate spiritual devotion, we can’t lead others to do the same.
- Church Innovation. Our message never changes, but if we aren’t constantly innovating the way we do ministry, our mission is at risk. It is our goal to equip and connect you with resources and people to make sure you never stop growing, creating and innovating.
- Personal Development. There is too much at stake in the Kingdom of God for us to not continue growing as leaders. We want to encourage you to keep growing, and give you the resources you need to do so.
- Overall Wellness. There is too much to be done not to pay attention to our overall wellness. Without our emotional, physical and mental health, you will not last in ministry. We want to help you create an action plan to be well and stay well.
- Global mission. God’s will has always been that NONE should perish. With technology available today, we need to rethink how Global missions can be done in the 21st century.
The reason I share this with you is threefold. First, if you are a young pastor, I would love to invite you to connect with what we’re doing. Find an event in your area, or simply follow the blog and tell us how we can best help you.
You are the reason we’re doing this!
Second, if you know a young pastor, chances are you know how difficult their job can be. Would you please share this resource with them as a way to help them grow and become effective in their ministry?
Finally, if you believe in young pastors, I want to invite you to stay connected to what we’re doing. There will be opportunities to share and invest more in the future.
Are you a young pastor? Do you know one? I’d love to hear what else you need.
With more than a dozen years of local church ministry, Justin Lathrop has spent the last several years starting businesses and ministries that partner with pastors and churches to advance the kingdom. He is the founder of Helpstaff.me (now Vanderbloemen Search), Oaks School of Leadership, and MinistryCoach.tv, all while staying involved in the local church. Justin serves as a consultant in the area of strategic relations predominantly working with the Assemblies of God, helping to build bridges with people and ministries to more effectively reach more people.For the original article, visit justinlathrop.com.
Ministry Today Subscription Special - Subscribe to Ministry Today magazine today and get 12 issues (2 full years) plus Amplified Leadership, a free leadership book for only $24.
Order Life in the Spirit to actively grow your ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit. Your congregation will stay saturated in God's Word, learn to hear His voice, understand their purpose and calling and move into an active role in your ministry.