Here are 12 of the biggest lies I’ve heard people tell:
1. I’m not going to let him (or her) hurt me anymore.
2. I don’t need any help.
3. I’ve got this under control.
4. I’m only going to try it one time.
5. God and I have an understanding.
6. I’m a self-made man (or woman).
7. I can stop any time I want to.
8. That would never happen in my marriage.
9. Be honest with me. I can take it. I won’t be mad.
10. I don’t have time.
11. I’ll call you soon.
12. I’ll be praying about that.
What are some that you have heard that you would add to this list?
Ron Edmondson is a pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church in Lexington, Ky. He is also a church leadership consultant who is passionate about planting churches, helping established churches thrive and assisting pastors and those in ministry think through leadership, strategy and life. Prior to ministry, Ron had more than 20 years of business experience, mostly as a self-employed business owner. Follow Ron on Facebook, Twitter, and his blog at ronedmondson.com.
For the original article, visit ronedmondson.com.
Has God called you to be a leader? Ministry Today magazine is the source that Christian leaders who want to serve with passion and purpose turn to. Subscribe now and receive a free leadership book.
What are you doing to actively reach new people? From blogging and social media to podcasting and book publishing, the On Platform Seminar will teach you how to expand your reach by using new platforms as launching pads into larger audiences. Click Here.