Here are 12 of the biggest lies I’ve heard people tell:
1. I’m not going to let him (or her) hurt me anymore.
2. I don’t need any help.
3. I’ve got this under control.
4. I’m only going to try it one time.
5. God and I have an understanding.
6. I’m a self-made man (or woman).
7. I can stop any time I want to.
8. That would never happen in my marriage.
9. Be honest with me. I can take it. I won’t be mad.
10. I don’t have time.
11. I’ll call you soon.
12. I’ll be praying about that.
What are some that you have heard that you would add to this list?
Ron Edmondson is a pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church in Lexington, Ky. He is also a church leadership consultant who is passionate about planting churches, helping established churches thrive and assisting pastors and those in ministry think through leadership, strategy and life. Prior to ministry, Ron had more than 20 years of business experience, mostly as a self-employed business owner. Follow Ron on Facebook, Twitter, and his blog at ronedmondson.com.
For the original article, visit ronedmondson.com.
Ministry Today Subscription Special - Subscribe to Ministry Today magazine today and get 12 issues (2 full years) plus Amplified Leadership, a free leadership book for only $24.
Order Life in the Spirit to actively grow your ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit. Your congregation will stay saturated in God's Word, learn to hear His voice, understand their purpose and calling and move into an active role in your ministry.