Dr. Steve Greene is now sharing his reflections and practical insights as a ministry leader on Greenelines, a new podcast. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
A common mistake for believers in business is to lead more from their natural leadership than from their supernatural leadership. Yet taking the leap from natural into supernatural leadership is much easier than you may think.
Here are the key differences with three compelling reasons to take the leap into supernatural leadership.
Too Much Natural Leadership?
natural adj: formulated by human reason alone rather than revelation; occurring in conformity with the ordinary course of nature; not marvelous or supernatural; operating in the physical world as opposed to the spiritual world.
supernatural adj: unable to be explained by explained by laws of nature; of or relating to an order or existence beyond the visible, observable universe & especially of or relating to God.
It is so easy—even tempting—to lead from the natural man. We live in a natural body, work in a natural work surrounded by millions of others who only attempt to leverage and grow their natural skills. So we fall prey to succumbing to the trap of natural leadership—just like so many others.
You may be leaning too much on your natural leadership if you currently struggle with:
- What to do next
- How to get there—wherever "there" is
- Slugging through the status quo of doing the same things over and over
- Desiring different, better results but never seeming to break through
- Which leadership guru/expert to follow
- Solving the same problems over and over
- Motivating yourself or your team
- Fear of losing your business, home or lifestyle
If any of these describes you, I suggest it is time for you take the leap into supernatural leadership.
Here are three big reasons to take the leap:
1. From education to revelation. "But as it is written: 'Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.' But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God" (1 Cor. 2:9-10).
Natural leadership focuses on the wisdom of man. From secular business books, magazines and endless conferences and blogs, it is easy to over-educate our natural heads with worldly "wisdom."
Supernatural leadership focuses not upon any person's persuasive words and spiritual-sounding insights, but on the infallible, perfect wisdom of God.
2. From misled to Spirit-led. "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God" (Rom. 8:14).
As I detail in my book Our Unfair Advantage (OUA), believers in business can be easily misled. From being head-led, expert-led, opportunity-led, money-led and more, natural leaders (like I was for decades) are easily misled by the latest and greatest stuff.
Supernatural leaders purpose in their hearts to only and always be led by the Holy Spirit, who will never mislead you. He will always guide you into all truth and help you position yourself and your business for—yes—supernatural growth and impact.
3. Human-powered to God-powered. "I can do nothing of Myself" (John 5:30a).
"Then Jesus said to them, 'When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and I do nothing of Myself. But I speak these things as My Father taught Me.'" (John 8:28).
"My speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God" (1 Cor. 2:4-5).
Even Jesus could not operate as a natural leader. Think about that for a minute. Jesus gave up his heavenly throne and power (Phil. 2:5-8) to operate as a man of flesh, supernaturally led and employed by the Holy Spirit.
Jesus walked as a human who gave God permission to supercharge His natural gifts and to release more supernatural leadership gifts. So can you. Imagine the potential impact!
Get Ready to Take the Leap
Let's revisit the natural leadership list from above. If you were to take the leap into supernatural leadership, would God through His Spirit tell you how to:
- Know what to do next?
- Get "there" and exactly where "there" is?
- Break through your status quo?
- Achieve different, better results?
- Follow the one perfect leadership guru/expert (Jesus)?
- Solve every problem once and for all?
- Motivate yourself & your team?
- Overcome your fear of losing your business, home or lifestyle?
Of course He would—and so much more.
As we take this journey together, my focus will be to guide and equip you on how to take the leap into a God-directed, Jesus-gifted, Holy Spirit-empowered supernatural future for yourself and your business.
Who's ready to take the leap?
Dr. Jim Harris is President of The Jim Harris Group, an international speaking and advising firm dedicated to helping believers in business unleash their unfair advantage in the marketplace. He is the author of Our Unfair Advantage: Unleash the Power of the Holy Spirit in Your Business and numerous other award-winning business books.
For the original article, visit drjimharris.com.
Leaders are readers! Subscribe now and get 3 magazines for the price of 1. Get Ministry Today, Charisma and SpiritLed Woman all for $24. YES - I'm a leader!
Ministry Today Subscription Special - Subscribe to Ministry Today magazine today and get 12 issues (2 full years) plus Amplified Leadership, a free leadership book for only $24.