Dr. Steve Greene is now sharing his reflections and practical insights as a ministry leader on Greenelines, a new podcast. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
"Those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the word. ... Philip went down to the city of Samaria and preached Christ. ... And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. ... And there was great joy in that city" (Acts 8:4-8)
I’ve been thinking on this passage for a couple of days, and the more I read it, the more I see.
My faith is being challenged and my vision is being expanded.
Are you willing to believe God by actually beginning to act in faith on these three components of kingdom domination displayed by the first church in the book of Acts?
1. Are You Going Everywhere?
- All parts of your community
- Intentionally reaching those of different ethnicities and backgrounds
- Planning on multiplying your church to another location
2. Are You Believing God for Miracles?
- Praying for things that are beyond human ability
- Declaring those things publicly
- Truly listening to God in order to hear the things you should be believing Him for
3. Are You Believing God for Your City?
- Planning for measurable impact
- Engaging your community outside your walls
- Multiplying leaders (you can’t reach further without them!)
Some of you, as I have been doing, may be in a “listening” mode on No. 2.
I don’t understand all that would involve or look like, but I will not fly over something simply because I don’t understand it. I’m yielding all to the leading of God for the kingdom of Christ! Hope you will do the same.
Artie Davis is the pastor at Cornerstone Community Church in Orangeburg, S.C. He heads the Comb Network and the Sticks Conference. He speaks and writes about leadership, ministry, church planting and cultural diversity in the church. You can find his blog at ArtieDavis.com or catch him on Twitter @artiedavis.
For the original article, visit artiedavis.com.
The Charisma Podcast Network is now live. Featuring a variety of programs including news, leadership, inspiring stories, women's topics, sports, and even more.
Subscribe now for free!