Is your pastor unprepared or unwilling to preach this important message? read more
Ministry Today – Serving and empowering church leaders
Sometimes people cannot even articulate the reason they are leaving, but this is often the real root. read more
And it's germs are spreading in epic proportions. read more
Find out what the numbers are for those who know somebody that is gay. It could shock you. read more
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; of they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and of they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. read more
Check out some links below to recent stories from Charisma News that you'll find interesting and informative. You can also sign up to receive stories on your smart phone by signing up for the free Charisma News app by clicking here.
- 'No Religion' Third World Group After Christians, Muslims
- Montana Supreme Court Denies Same-Sex Couples Benefits
- God and the Devil in Light of the Newtown Massacre
- A Prayer for Sandy Hook and Visions of Children at Jesus' Feet
- Obama Quotes Scripture, Prays Blessing at Vigil for Connecticut Shooting Victims read more
What information do we collect? How will we use it?
When you sign up for our newsletters, we need to know your e-mail address, first and last name. We gather this information only to get a better understanding of who you are and better serve you. We may use your name in order to personalize communications we have with you.
When you sign up for a web-based (online) or print subscription online, we collect your name, address, phone number, payment information and e-mail address. This is done so we can send the issues to you by mail or grant you access to our online subscriber's area.
Us or our partners may also use the information collected to occasionally notify you about special promotions, events and products updates, services and special offers you may find valuable.
We do not sell your personal information to others. However, we do rent our customer list of subscribers from our print magazine versions and offer our email lists available to our partners of those subscribers who have "opt-in." We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, traffic patterns, and related demographic information to our partners, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Our site's registration, order and survey forms require users to give us contact information (like their name, email, and postal address), financial information (like their bank account or credit card numbers), and demographic information (like their zip code, age, or income level). Contact information from the these forms are used to ship purchases and information about our company. The customer's contact information is also used to get in touch with the you when necessary.
a. Passes no significant information about the user to the Internet or to Charisma Media
b. Is not analyzed to yield any information. We use "cookies" for the following interaction with our Web sites:
Bulletin Board, Forums and Online ChatThis site has chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
External LinksThis site contains links to other sites. SCO is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Security of Information CollectedThe customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access. Charisma Media maintains personal information gathered online in a secure environment protected from unauthorized third party access, alteration, or misuse. Information collected from online visitors is stored on database and other servers kept in secure locations under the custody and control of Charisma Media or its third party vendors. Charisma Media also uses technologies and processes such as encryption, access control procedures and network firewalls to protect such servers. User accounts and related information are password protected using industry-standard, commercially reasonable methods. Charisma Media makes commercially reasonable efforts to protect such information and to limit its use and disclosure of such information as described herein, but cannot guarantee that such efforts will be successful.
- We will NOT collect, use, or distribute to third parties personally identifiable information without prior verifiable parental consent.
- We will NOT give the child access to unmonitored chat rooms, message boards, email accounts, or other services that would give the child the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without prior verifiable parental consent
- When verifiable parental consent is not obtained, we will only use the online contact information (such as email) to:
a. Respond directly to the child's request on a one-time basis and not use that information to re-contact the child for other purposes.
b. Request the name or online contact information of a parent for the purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing parental notification.
c. Respond more than once directly to a specific request from a child (such as in the case where a child requests a newsletter subscription) and not used to re-contact the child for other purposes. We will use our best efforts to provide parental notification, which will include the nature and intended use as well as an opportunity for the parent to prevent the use of the information and participation in the activity.
- We will provide the parent a description of the specific types of a personally identifiable information collected from their child upon request. We will allow the parent to refuse further use or future online collection of personally identifiable information and provide a way for a parent to obtain any personally identifiable information collected from their child.
- We will provide notice to children in age appropriate terms of what personally identifiable information is to be collected.
- We will NOT provide any links to Web sites that are unsuitable for children.
- We will encourage children to get their parent's permission before sharing personal information online. Any questions regarding the information we collect from children or our parental consent policy should be directed to:
Charisma Media Co.
600 Rinehart Rd.
Lake Mary, FL 32746
As Charisma Media's new publisher, I'm grateful for your contributions, whether for our print or online brands. Charisma Media recently celebrated the 40th anniversary of Charisma magazine—and God has been faithful to use us in His kingdom work. Now we're eager to keep moving forward as God leads us.
Our direction is simple: quality over quantity.
We've noticed that quality in many submissions to our magazines has declined in the last few years. In pursuit of excellence, we must resolve to hold our standards in research, writing and grammar to the highest level.
I'm pleased to introduce to you our revised writers' guidelines.
Below you will find our revised writing instructions. We've made quite a few updates. Some revisions should have been made long before now (For instance, you'll be pleased to know typewriters are no longer necessary to submit articles to us).
If you submit an article that doesn't adhere to our guidelines, we'll send it back to you.
I encourage you to look at our writers' guidelines. Read them thoroughly. We believe our guidelines will serve you well as a writer.
We'd love for you to keep writing for us. To make that happen, let's work together to produce quality content for the benefit of our readers. We look forward to your next submission!
Blessings to you,
Aim and Audience
As part of Charisma Media, Ministry Today is a leadership magazine for pastors, ministry leaders and business leaders who want to make a lasting impact in the kingdom of God. We equip Christian leaders to grow.
Through our Marketplace Ministry articles, we target kingdom-minded leaders who are making an impact for the gospel in the workplace and beyond. These leaders are key influencers for Christ in their professional lives. They are walking out their faith and seeing results as they are directed daily by the Holy Spirit.
More than 5 million readers access Charisma Media content every month. While our publications have historically served a largely charismatic/Pentecostal readership, Ministry Today has expanded its reach to engage a broader readership within the evangelical community.
Types of Articles We Publish—or Not
Along with articles inspiring and assisting ministry leaders, Ministry Today publishes features, departments and columns of interest to business leaders and other professionals working outside of traditional church or ministry settings. We sometimes repurpose blog content for our columns but seek to maintain a more formal tone.
We do not accept essays, editorials, sermons, book reviews, works of fiction or poetry.
How to Submit Your Article Idea
Most of our articles are assigned, but we sometimes publish unsolicited content. You may submit a brief query through our submission form. We are not always able to respond to every query, but we will respond if we need more information or if we accept your idea. If your query is accepted, we will provide further direction for the full article.
How to Submit an Article Upon Request
After we've accepted your query, write the article according to the guidelines we send. We prefer you send your article via email along with your byline and brief bio (job title, church or business, city/state, and social media or email through which our readers can contact you, if you so wish).
Departments: For the most part, this is the type of article that will be accepted from outside writers. These are the "nuts and bolts" of our magazine and run no longer than 700 words. These departments are categorized under the areas of Ministry Life, Leadership, Outreach and Facilities.
Features: A small percentage of freelance writers come up with such great article ideas that we give them more editorial space to develop their ideas. These are feature stories that are lengthier (2,600 words or fewer), more in-depth (including interviews and research) and run the gamut on subject matter—anything from ministry trend analysis to an in-depth how-to article. Before you write an extended feature for Ministry Today, we would like to some writing samples of your published work.
If you choose to submit via mail, please send your article to:
Editor, Ministry Today
600 Rinehart Rd.
Lake Mary, FL 32746
If you wish to have your article returned if it is not accepted for publication, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Our standard when citing the Scriptures is the Modern English Version (MEV) Bible. Please use the MEV in your writing unless you need to use a different translation for a specific reason.
We follow Associated Press (newspaper) style with some exceptions. Our editors will edit your material according to this style.
Keep in mind that we do not use footnotes, but attribute as necessary within the article.
We generally prefer writing from a third-person point of view, although we make exceptions for certain types of content as deemed appropriate.
We may need to return your article for revisions or shorten it in the editing process.
Why We Reject Certain Submissions
The editors reserve the right to reject article submissions at our discretion. Some of the reasons we might reject submissions are:
- Article doesn't "fit" in our publication due to space limitations or content
- Poor grammar, punctuation and excessive capitalization
- Salacious, profane, libelous, defamatory or highly offensive/graphic content
At Charisma Media, we write in spirit and in truth. Philippians 1: 9-10 calls us to be "blameless" and approving of "things that are excellent." With that foundation, we decry the practice of plagiarism, using another's work without proper attribution.
As a writer, if you attempt to pass off someone else's writing as your own or do not source your quotes or information correctly, we will reject your submission. Plagiarism can also occur when you use someone else's argument or expression, so take care to cite the source.
Recycled content does not honor the spirit of excellence we seek to maintain in our writing. Plagiarism undermines the trust of our readers, which is critical to our work as journalists.
Our Best Advice to Writers
Please take time to read—even study—at least one or two of our recent issues before submitting a query. Sometimes people submit their writing without ever having read or understood our magazine or its readership, and sometimes people will have read our magazine years ago and think they understand it today. But because editorial direction changes, it is vital that you are familiar with our current magazine and readership. You may read a digital version of Ministry Today at our website, ministrytodaymag.com.